Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Skip auxiliary navigation (Press Enter).
Terms and Conditions
One Voice, One Vision
Skip main navigation (Press Enter).
on this day
between these dates
Join a Community
Read Latest Blogs
Back to Blog List
Instructor/Assistant Professor- Medical Laboratory Science, Memphis
Mark as Inappropriate
The Medical Laboratory Science Program, Department of Diagnostic and Health Sciences, College of Health Professions at The University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) invites applications for a 12-month, full- time position (instructor or assistant professor; rank to be commensurate with education and credentials) non-tenure track to contribute to UTHSC's teaching, research, and service missions.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, clinical microbiology course development, primary instruction of didactic courses using face-to-face and online delivery modalities; participation in student recruitment, retention, and admissions activities; participation in program committee work including program evaluation, accreditation tasks, and other activities as assigned by Department Chair. While student instruction is central to this position, service and scholarship activities are also expected consistent with the missions and faculty evaluative criteria of the University, College, and Department.
* Applicants must hold a minimum of a Master's Degree to be considered for this position.
* National certification as MT/MLS(ASCP). Must be eligible for Tennessee licensure as a medical technologist.
* Demonstration of teaching experience at the College level.
* Recent and up to date clinical practice experience in the field.
* Current knowledge and skill in the use of computer technology and educational learning management systems
* Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills including communication, problem solving, counseling, conflict management, and follow-through
* Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity, equity, and inclusion
Link to application:
Wes Williamson, MS, MT (ASCP)
MLS Admissions Committee Chair
COHP, Department of Diagnostic & Health Sciences
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Reason for Moderation
Describe the reason this content should be moderated (required)
Copyright 2016-2021 ASCLS. All rights reserved.
Powered by Higher Logic