Open Faculty Position Announcement
Tenure or tenure track faculty member: Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor position (Job Code 9403) (Job ID# 345706)
The University of Minnesota Medical Laboratory Sciences Program is seeking a full-time tenure or tenure track faculty member for
the Twin Cities campus in their NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Sciences program. The position requires instruction and
guidance of students, participation in curriculum and program development, engagement in quality improvement and advocacy, as
well as curricular, recruitment, scholarship, and service activities in execution of the MLS Program mission.Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities are assigned by the Program Director or negotiated at the annual review and documented in the
annual faculty development plan.Teaching Curriculum and Instruction
● Develop and teach professional level medical laboratory science students using active-learning approach to course content
● Contribute to curriculum development and evaluation
● Academically advise students and provide student support as needed
● Teach professional online and in-person professional development offerings
● Contribute to the program’s scholarship agenda.
● Undertake and carry-out publishable scholarship in medical laboratory science or related fields
● Serve the Program, University, region and nation in ways that align with Program, institution, and profession initiatives.
● Engage in professional society activities that promote the program and the professionAppointment and Salary
Rank and Salary: commensurate with experience.Professional Development:
Develop and maintain ongoing competency in the breadth and depth of knowledge in the profession.
Maintain current certification through continuing education, continue personal growth within the profession, keep current with the
field, and broaden knowledge and expertise.Required/ Essential Credentials and Experience
• MLS or MT certification
• Earned doctorate in MLS or a related field of study
• A minimum of three years’ work experience in MLS practice
• Experience teaching using technology-enhanced learning pedagogy
• Agreement to abide by University and ASCLS Code of Ethics
• Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity, equity, and inclusionPreferred Qualifications
• Evidence of scholarly activity including peer-reviewed publications and funded grants relevant to the Program’s research
• Evidence of successful teaching of medical laboratory practitioners or students
• Evidence of online teaching skill and course development using technology-enhanced learning pedagogy
• Evidence of strongly-developed developed team skills
• Expertise in Immunology/Transfusion Medicine and/or HemostasisOrganizational Chart
• Reports directly to the MLS Program DirectorHow To Apply
To apply, please visit https://humanresources.umn.edu/content/find-job
and enter Job ID# 345706.
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions.
You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in
the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
This position will remain open until filled. For more information, contact email@example.com.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612)