The University of Minnesota Medical Laboratory Sciences Program is seeking a Faculty Instructor/Assistant Professor in the role of Clinical Education Coordinator for the Twin Cities campus in their NAACLS accredited Clinical Laboratory Sciences program. The Clinical Education Coordinator is responsible for organizing, planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating clinical experience education courses, experiences, and activities to meet the outcomes of the program in conjunction with the Program Director, Laboratory Managers, Laboratory Supervisors and Laboratory Clinical Coordinators. This position involves management of student and program compliance with requirements for clinical education for the Program, the clinical placement sites, and the requirements of the State of Minnesota. The position requires instruction and guidance of students, participation in curriculum and program development, engagement in quality improvement and advocacy for the assigned performance site; as well as curricular, recruitment, scholarship, and service activities in execution of the MLS Program mission.
Faculty Position Description – Instructor (P&A) or Assistant Professor (P&A)
Appointment and Salary
Full-time (12-month) Instructor (9404) or Assistant Professor (9403) annual renewable (K type) position will be based on the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus. Salary and rank will be commensurate with credentials and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
Curriculum and Instruction (30%)
- Act as course director for Clinical Experience courses
- Responsible for teaching a minimum of 4 credits of academic courses (or parts of same) across a three semester annual curriculum.
- Collaborate with core faculty to prepare best-practice educational experiences to structure optimal learning of students including course objectives, course materials, educational experiences, and assessments
- Use effective and innovative technology enhanced learning strategies
- Participate in curriculum development and evaluation
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and others within the University, Academic Health Sciences (AHS), Center for Allied Health Programs, profession, and community
- Model ethical and competent professional behaviors
- Participate in scholarly research activities within the program
- Present research findings at appropriate local, regional, national, and/or international professional meetings
- Collaborate with other faculty on refereed journal articles on research findings and/or teaching innovations
- Contribute to the professional/academic expertise of the university or community via elected, appointed, or volunteer positions or associations
- Serve as a member of committees or in leadership positions within the Program and Center and/or greater professional community.
- Participate in delivery of Program continuing education efforts
Clinical Education Management (50%)
- Work with clinical affiliates to obtain educational experience placements for students
- Manage clinical affiliation agreements in coordination with clinical sites and AHC legal department
• Develop and foster relationships with clinical affiliates, partners, and stakeholders
- Educate clinical preceptors on course requirements for student education and assessment
- Maintain database of students, clinical sites and schedule for clinical rotations
- Work with AHS partners to secure housing support for students outside the metro area
- Develop and maintain ongoing competency in the breadth and depth of knowledge in the profession through continuing education, certification maintenance, and professional practice
- Develop and maintain ongoing proficiency in teaching through formal or informal education, continuing education, and self-investigation
Required/ Essential Credentials and Experience
- Masters degree in CLS or related field
- Current certification MT(ASCP) or MLS(ASCP)cm
- Minimum 2 years clinical laboratory work experience
- Agreement to abide by University and ASCLS Code of Ethics
Preferred/ Desired Credentials and Experience
- Five years clinical laboratory work experience in multiple CLS disciplines
- Two years teaching experience within medical laboratory science students/employees Organizational Chart
- Reports directly to the MLS Program Director
How To Apply
To apply, please visit https://humanresources.umn.edu/content/find-job and enter Job ID# 348842.
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions.
You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
This position will remain open until filled. For more information, contact email@example.com.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).